Opportunities abound but your ability to see and utilize them sets the difference. Knowledge is a key fact that presents such opportunities of employment to people, especially when the Agricultural sector is covered.
This post will review top ten employment opportunities in Agriculture, all you need do, is to read along.
Just as we live in an exciting period where new technologies virtually changes the face of agricultural production – and innovation is seed has played a major role in that transformations.
Agriculture generates over 20Millions jobs in the United State, with most of such jobs off the farm. Today agriculture is a science-based, high tech field offering new challenges and an array of career opportunities, ranging from food scientist to agricultural journalist to wildlife specialist.
A study by the U.S Department of Agriculture in 2004 estimated that there would be more than 52,000 annual job openings for new graduate through 2010. But only 49, 300 qualified graduates are available each year for these positions – 32, 300 from programs in agriculture and life sciences, forestry and veterinary medicine, and some 17, 000 from allied higher education programs such as biological sciences, engineering, business, health sciences, communication and applied technologies.
Top 10 Employment Opportunities In Agriculture
- Food Scientist: Food scientists and technologists use chemistry, biology and other sciences to study the basic elements of food. They analyze the nutritional count of food, discover new food sources and research ways to make processed food safe and healthy.
- Agricultural Journalist: An agricultural journalist covers all the events articles of interest and stories which are relevant to farmers and others in their area. They gather news by observing, interviewing and researching relevant topics/events.
- Wildlife Specialist: A wildlife forensics specialist is a scientist who uses chemical techniques to investigate wildlife crimes. These scientists analyze animals, animal parts and products and other evidence collected by wildlife inspectors and other officials.
- Veterinarian: A veterinarian or a vet, is someone who gives animals veterinary medicine or medical treatment. They are doctors for animals.
- Agri-business Management: The management field of the agricultural industry is agri-business. According to the 2015 Agri-business Job Report, there were 26 percent more application posted on Agcareer.com than 2014 and job listings were up from the previous year as well; with nearly 6, 800 new listing a month.
- Food Packers and Packagers: For agricultural products to reach their ultimate destination, they must definitely packaged safely and appropriately before hand for shipment. Here is the major task for the food packers and packagers do.
- Book Keeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks: Just as every industry needs more people to count money and keep track of expenses, so also the Agricultural industry-as being part of the most important industries.
- Agricultural and Natural Resources Communications: Combining an interest in Agriculture and that of communication, here is a field that provides for that. Agricultural communications professionals work in print and broadcast journalism, on the staffs of magazines and newspapers, as press spokespeople and marketing executives.
- Agricultural Equipment Operators: The job outlook for agricultural equipment operators has been continuously good for the past 10 years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, with a job growth of 5 to 9 percent in the next 10years. These highly skilled agricultural workers driver, operate and maintain the equipment used to plant and harvest crops; such as tractors, bladders, harvesters, shredders and lot more.
- Form Worker and Laborers: According to Bureau of labor statistics, over 850, 000 people were employed in this agricultural workers and variety of roles. Agricultural workers and laborers are employed in greenhouses and plant nurseries as well as on farms and ranches. They also do routine animals care task on ranches and dairy farms keep written records on animals, assist at birth and keep animal housing areas clean.
Nevertheless, agriculture is a verse field with numerous employments opportunities around its spheres.