Before we discuss how sales funnel work, we need to understand the concept of what a sales funnel is. Many a times we tend to jump into solutions before understand what the problem is. Of course you’re on the right track as I will be explaining in details what it is, how it works and why is it so important?
What is a Sales Funnel?
Sales funnel is the channel on how you go through ideas to keep your current customer and get more customers. Every business is for the purpose of making profits, but profits are dependable and can’t be feasible without customers.
Strategy is an important role in a business as one doesn’t automatically grow in running a business. Sales funnel is a very important in business and keeps it for as long as possible.
How it Works? – ACCD
Using the ACCD acronym (Attract, Convert, Close and Delight) method, you can devise a good Sales Funnel.
The method which you make your product known to customers is very important indeed. You need to use various schemes to get your products known offline and online.
We would be using Netflix as a guide to all our illustrations
A customer could be looking for how to stream movies online, browsing online on a search engine “Stream movies is entered. The search engine provides results of important suggestions and one of the result captivates the web user mind NETFLIX.
Clicking the NETFLIX, the search engine hands over to the NETFLIX home page site which takes us to the next point
After the user must have gotten to the NETFLIX home page, a new interface captures the user. The user sees join one month free and clicks where registration begins. Satisfaction can keep or make a customer leave.
After one monthly probably, a message is sent to the user that the one month is expired and a new plan should be subscribed.
Because you enjoy the streaming on NETFLIX, you unintentionally become a promoter of the site by announcing to your friends to join the site about how effective it is. Sometimes a customer can be so satisfied that the user begins to post in on so many social media platforms.
NETFLIX attracted you to their service through a mix of SEO and brand recognition. Their offer for a free NETFLIX subscription for one month and converted you from an anonymous website visitor into a lead and the email helped close the deal. But it didn’t stop there. The high quality of service and social sharing options inspired you to refer friends so the cycle could continue.
While your company is probably likely very different than NETFLIX, the principles remain the same. You need to do all you can to attract qualified traffic to your website, convert visitors to leads, close your leads, and delight your clients so they stay with you and help promote your products or services.
Important methods of Improving Sales funnel
- Use multiple marketing channels to attract visitors. Our most successful clients are using multiple marketing channels including pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, off-site SEO, direct mail campaigns, and cold calling. Your specific channels may differ depending on your industry, but it’s best to not put all your eggs in one basket.
- Analyze the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. In order to learn what marketing channels are most effective, analyze your website traffic and inbound phone calls. This data will help you make educated decisions so you aren’t throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping for the best.
- Add new blog content to your website on a regular basis. Content is king and a blog is a great place to organize all of your great content. Writing useful blog posts can improve your SEO and help you engage with your current clients.
- Listen to your prospects and customers and adapt your website accordingly. If your clients and prospects are asking questions related to your products or services, consider answering the question in a blog post. Chances are that others have similar questions and adding the answers to your site may attract new visitors.
- Include more than one call to action (CTA) on your website. Chances are that your website visitors will be at different stages of the customer journey. Some might be ready to call or email while others might be researching. Make sure to include offers like free eBooks or whitepapers to capture names and email addresses for those who aren’t quite ready to talk to your sales team.
- Re-target website visitors who don’t convert the first time. You won’t be able to capture lead information for all of your website visitors, but that doesn’t mean you should give up on the visitors who don’t convert. Consider running a re-targeting campaign so you can display advertisements on popular websites which will display only to people who visited your website. This will give you another chance to draw them back in.
- Become an authority in your industry and/or region. If you’re known far and wide for being an industry expert, you’ll have prospects seeking you out rather than the other way around. Consider planning lunch and learn sessions or organizing webinars on a regular basis. As your brand recognition grows, you may even attract inbound links to your site which will benefit your SEO.
- Nurture your prospects. Don’t give up on your leads. If they provided their email or phone number, it’s likely that they have interest in your products or services. However, you may have to nurture them by sending monthly email newsletters, targeted email broadcasts, or email drip campaigns.
- Add an incentive to your referral program. If you have a referral program, make sure you’re promoting it to your clients. You should have a page on your website which explains your referral program, but you can’t expect your clients to hunt for it. Make sure to remind them in your email newsletter or email signature.
- Take action now! The first step to improving your sales funnel and marketing efforts is to take action. If you delay it until next month or next quarter, it likely won’t get started until next year. You don’t have to take on everything at once, but you should create a game plan with specific due dates to ensure you can start making progress.
You can Start by drawing your plan on a paper, this would guide you in implementing a new idea of making sure you ace your plan. Then categorize them into Attract, Convert, Close and Delight, there is always room for improving the plans even after implementation because you already have a model plan for it.