The IFCN/Google News Lab fact-checking bursary provides an immediate injection of funds to a fact-checking project that is set to have a high impact.
The IFCN flash grant provides an immediate injection of funds to a fact-checking project that seems likely to have a high impact.
- APAC fact-checking projects that expect a high return on investment.
- The goal is to provide a limited but rapid boost to fact-checkers that have a concrete idea but need limited resources to implement them quickly. Applicants should think of this bursary as seed funding to get started (no additional funding will be made available).
Funding can be used to cover any operational or project-specific costs. How the money will be spent is far less relevant than what the applicants expect to achieve.
- Applications open Monday July 23
- Deadline for applicants Monday August 13
- Interviews Thursday August 16
- Winner announced Monday August 20
How to apply. Apply via this form.
Evaluation will be conducted by IFCN staff according to the following criteria:
- Expected impact of the project (3 points)
- Clarity of the indicators and targets (3 points)
- Track record and existing results of the organization/team (3 points)
- Ambition (1 point)
- Bonus: participation in the relevant IFCN/GNL workshop of July 22 (1 point)
The three projects with the highest score will be invited to a Skype interview.