Everyone in one way or the other must have heard of the human immune system and how it helps us fight against bacteria and viruses. To this significant role, the immune system is as important as other systems in the human body.
As there are ways and actions of humans that kills the immune system, there’re also numerous ways one can boost his/her immune system.
The post will be revealing some powerful ways to boost your immune system to meet the quest of living a better. Relax as we unfold them to you.
As recently known that a powerful immune system helps fight against the deadly virus, covid-19, it has thrown lots of people to asking questions on how best they can boost their immune system.
- Supplement wisely: make sure to purchase products that have been tested by a third party.
- Stay hydrated: giving that dehydration can make you more susceptible to illness, be sure you’re drinking plenty of water each day.
- Manage your stress level: lowering your stress levels through meditations, yoga, exercise and other practices can help keep your immune system functioning properly.
- Limit added sugars: added sugars contribute significantly to obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease, all of which can suppress your immune system. Lowering inflammation and your risk of these conditions.
- Engage in moderate exercise: moderate exercise can reduce inflammation and promote the healthy turnover of immune cells. Jogging, biking, walking, swimming and hiking are great options.
- Get enough sleep: adults should try to get 7 or more hours of sleep each night, while teens need 8-10 hours and younger children and infant up to 14hrs. Inadequate sleep may increase your risk of getting sick.
- Eat more whole plants foods: several whole plant foods contain antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C, all of which may lower your susceptibility to illness.
- Eat more healthy fats: healthy fats like olive oil and omega-35 are highly anti-inflammatory, since chronic inflammation can suppress your immune system, these fats may naturally combat illness.
- Eat more fermented foods or take a pro-biotic supplement: Gut health and immunity are deeply interconnected. Fermented foods are pro-biotics may bolster your immune system by helping it identify and target harmful pathogens.
- Have a check on this list of foods that boost the immune system: shell fish, sun flower seeds, poultry, kiwi, papaya, green tea, turmeric, almonds, yogurt, spinach, ginger, garlic, broccoli, red bell peppers, citrus fruits (grape fruits, clementines, limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges).s