Well… if you thought the governor of Imo, Rochas Okorochas was through with statues, forget it – more statues are yet to be shown.
Before we continue with that, let’s take us back once again to how it started.
The governor of Imo, Rochas Okorocha set up a statue of President Jacob Zuma of South Africa and it did not go down well with Nigerians. The erection of the statue even degenerated in to an argument that set Twitter Nigeria on fire for a while. That argument was between Omojuwa and Okorocha. Okorocha later responded to the reactions , saying… “I owe no one an apology”.
Returning to the matter: You will discover even more statues to be unveiled by the statue-building governor of Imo, Rochas Okorocha and only one has been unveiled – which is one above. The photographs were acquired courtesy of YMonitor – who got the images from a reporter with the Economist@rachelmsavage.
1. The eight statues below, seven yet completed.
2. This one sure looks like the outgoing President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
3. Ok, no idea yet who this might be.
4. This looks like a Nigerian activist/nationalist – considering the flag and the attire (agbada), but no idea who that is too.
5. Ok, I am sure you don’t want to ask who this is, at least not just yet.
6. Well, the flag tells us it’s a Nigerian and a Ghanaian, probably Flt. Lt. Jerry John Rawlings, a former head of state and president of Ghana
Let’s wait until Okorocha unveils the rest.
Source : YNaija