Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
We are looking to hire a Counter Agent to join our team in Lagos State:
Job Title: Counter Agent – Customer Service
See also : Stop ATM Charges, Nigerians Urges CBN
- Reporting to the Counter Manager, the Counter Agent will be responsible for owning/managing the customer experience relating to cargo release and import shipment exceptions (i.e. invoicing and refund processes)
- Receive and file correct documents for import cargo release
- Ensure end of day checks of documents received for filing and dispatch to archive
- Achieve the set target for cargo release by working closely with the GSC to ensure no delays
- Ensure exceptions at the counter are resolved timely to prevent a negative customer experience and issues degenerating to financial losses
- Ensure smooth and timely transactions at the counter
- Manage self-service computers, ensure they are set up and functional at all times
- Continuously find ways to improve counter processes and act on them
- Clearly demonstrate CARE PRO behaviors in every customer interaction.
- Actively drive awareness and utilisation of Maersk Line self-service channels
- Always behave in a manner consistent with and loyal to the A.P. Moller – Maersk values
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
We are looking for:
- Minimum HND or BSc in any discipline
- Proficient use (above average skill) in the use of Microsoft office tools i.e. excel, word and power point etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for Customer Service.
- High attention to detail
- Pro-active person with a service oriented mindset.
- Likes to get it right the first time and can look ahead to avoid issues from happening.
- Able to work under pressure while keeping quality in focus.
- Comfortable with Change Management and capable of delivering high quality before, during and after transformation.
- Good moral compass and ability to work the Company’s values.
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
- Results orientation
- Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
- Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
- Creating network within the global organization
- Understand market and customer drivers
- Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
- Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Nigeria organization
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2018.