Davido’s lawyers insist that he wasn’t present at the time of death of the deceased neither did he give directives to take the remains of the deceased to the general hospital or Morgue
Davido who has been in the midst of circumstances surrounding the mysterious death of his close friend, Tagbo Umeike released a statement on Thursday night through his lawyers.
Listed below are 10 major HIGHLIGHTS from the statement.
1. Unlike the reports going round that Davido was arrested, the statement reveals that he was never arrested, but made himself available to assist the police with its investigation and after a satisfactory explanation, he was allowed to leave.
2. The video clip was released to reveal the chain of events resulting in the discovery of the remains of Mr Tagbo Umeike and do not in any way incriminate Davido, but instead absolves him of any criminal culpability, an undeniable fact that the police understands.
3. The solicitors also revealed that Davido did not instruct anyone to dump the corpse of Mr Tagbo Umeike anywhere further.
4. The deceased was seen in a drunken and intoxicated state as he was staggering on the people around.
5. Davido tried to convince the deceased to get into his vehicle in order to take him home safely, which Tagbo outrightly refused.
6. The footage further revealed that Davido drove out from the premises of the shisha room.
7. After Davido left, the deceased returned in to the Shisha room together with most of the people who were all at the car pack during the time of his departure.
8. Davido wasn’t present at the time of death of the deceased neither did he give directives to take the remains of the deceased to the general hospital or Morgue.
9. Davido also had no knowledge of the deceased’s movements after he last saw him at the shisha room.
10. Rather, it was friends of the deceased who out of concern , without Davido’s knowledge, drove the deceased to the hospital , while Davido’ details escorted the deceased car in Davido’s Hilox Pilot truck because they were helping a fellow individual who was in need of help.