Garden egg being an egg plant have lots of benefit to our health, ranging from its rich source of vitamin B6, dietary fiber, copper, magnesium, thiamine, potassium and many of which you never knew. After reading this post, I bet you will be left with no option but to add garden egg to your list of fruits for consumption.
Garden egg polyphenols, antholyanins and chlorogenic acid content has in a large scale added up to its benefit. These benefits include:
- Cushions Body Weight: It is recommended for weight loss because of its fiber content. When eaten, it consumes the body to burn down calories taken, thereby reducing body weight when taken more frequently or occasionally.
- Helps in Pregnancy: Pregnant women are at risk of many health challenges, garden egg consisting of lots of nutrients (vitamins and minerals) is basically recommended for them. With a reason of preventing anaemia which is one of the health challenges seen in pregnancy. Pregnant women are encouraged to take egg lant in other to boost their blood level, placing both mother and baby in good condition.
- Keeps Sugar Level Controlled: It is a dietary option for diabetic patient. When taken, it reduces the glucose content in the body, thereby lowering the blood sugar.
- Balances Heart Beat By Regulating It: The high content of potassium in garden egg helps in maintaining the function of the heart. It also regulates blood pressure.
- Boost Fertility: Traditionally, garden egg represents fertility. It has been used locally for infertility and libido issue. Though there is no scientific proof but it is believed to be ever effective.
- Great in Fighting Cancer: Garden egg leaves help in the prevention of cancer formation, due to the presence of phytochemicals that fight free radicals that are prone to cause inflammations that might lead to cancerous diseases in the body system.
It contains also an anti-inflammatory property, which prevent cancer causing inflammations.
- Helps In Preventing Liver Disorder: Garden egg contains antioxidants, which protects the liver from certain toxins, thereby making it a remedy for liver issues.