Close Date: 1/17/20
Working Title: Education Support Specialist
Location: Weedon Island Preserve, 1800 Weedon Drive NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33702
This is a part-time position assisting with facility operations, outreach education and volunteer coordination.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- 3 years experience working in a training/museum/educational/teaching field performing paraprofessional or technical support training, making presentations, or communicating to groups; or
- Associate’s degree in general or specialized study and 1 year experience as described; or
- An equivalent combination of training, education, and/or experience.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid State of Florida Driver’s License upon hire with eligibility based upon evaluation of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) driving report.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Ability to work independently in an education center with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with a variety of personality types
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Ability to work weekend shifts on a consistent basis
- Quick learner
Appointing Authority May Also Require
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
Illustrative Tasks (These are examples and are not all inclusive.)
- Assist with marketing and promotion of educational programs
- Plan and organize adult and youth environmental educational programs
- Plan and organize volunteers to ensure coverage during open hours
- Assist with program registration, evaluations, and data entry
- Develop training program for front desk and hike guide volunteers
- Design and manage monthly program calendars
- Attend occasional outreach events on behalf of Brooker Creek Preserve
- Assists with daily operations of site facilities including opening, closing, and general tidiness of building
- Answer emails and phone calls
- Assist with social media accounts and regular newsletter
EOE/AA/ADA/DFW/VP Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.