Striker Diego Costa has completed his move back to Atletico Madrid from Premier League champions Chelsea.
The two clubs agreed terms last week and the 28-year-old Spain international passed his medical on Monday.
But he can’t be registered to play for the La Liga side until 1 January, if the club’s transfer window ban comes to an end.
Costa left Atletico for Chelsea in 2014 and scored 59 goals in 120 games appearances for the Blues.
He won two Premier League titles and the League Cup with the club, but found himself exiled at Stamford Bridge within the summer.
Costa was told by text that he was not in boss Antonio Conte’s plans for this season and he spent a lot of August in his indigenous Brazil.
Conte takes his Chelsea team to Atletico Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday, and he said of Costa: “As I’ve said before, I’ve no issues with Diego.
“We wish the very best for him in the future and the rest of the season. ”