Today, business education in Nigeria has become very popular. Business school is a relatively new kind of business education and training. It was created to develop business qualities and consolidate new business skills. Nowadays, almost every director of a large firm encourages such kind of education for his/her employees. The entrepreneur himself may also study in business school to develop his skills and knowledge. It really gives great business opportunities in Nigeria.
Everybody who dream to go into business and to do the best for successful business can choose one of these best schools in Nigeria. These professional courses guarantee in dept teachings and offer lots of practical knowledge that may be similar to the ones taught in universities across the country. That’s why, we recommend you to look through this list of Nigerian business schools and how you can enroll for them.
Lagos Business School
Founded in the heart of African busiest city and one of the industrious states in Nigeria – LAGOS. Lagos Business School is the best private graduate business school in Africa a subsidiary of Pan-Atlantic university in Nigeria, which offer the academic program, executive program and short focused courses in management to graduates who wish to distinguish themselves in today’s economic environment where business and management leadership is a necessity.
LBS was established in 1991, is currently ranked as the best in Africa with its main campus located in Lekki Lagos in Nigeria .Prof. Pat Utomi co-founded the Lagos Business School, now Pan African University with the Opus Dei, a Catholic religious group.
Lagos Business School is also the very first business school in Nigeria and the first business school in Africa to be accredited by the Association for Advanced Collegiate School of Business (AACSB).The main vision of this School is to be widely recognized as the world’s top business school operating out of an emerging market; to be the business school with the greatest impact on the knowledge and practice of management in Africa.
Secondly, to be A premier business school in Africa ’s largest country, Lagos Business School is uniquely positioned to develop visionary business leaders capable of maximizing the high growth opportunities in key industry sectors to move Africa to economic prosperity.
Lagos business like every other institution has its admission requirements, which every student must meet before they are admitted. This may include:
- Five credit passes including English and Mathematics at the Ordinary Level for Anglophone countries.
- A minimum of a second-class lower university degree from a recognized university
- Minimum of three year’s post-qualification work experience
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- Demonstrated intellectual capacity, professionalism, maturity, and effective decision-making and problem-solving potentials assessed during an interview
Lagos Business School application documents
- A completed application form
- Three reference forms (these may also be sent directly by the referees)
- Copies of O’Level and university degree certificates (statements of results are acceptable)
- Official Transcripts sent after you have been admitted (these may be sent directly by your former school)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the NYSC Certificate or Letter of Exemption (for Nigerians only)
- A passport photograph.
At the end of the programme, you can only graduate if you’re able to attain the stipulated minimum credits as distributed below;
Core Courses: 60.5 credits
Internship: 6 credits
Electives: 12 credits
From the information available to students on the official website, it will cost you N2,511,630 per session to run a program in Lagos Business School and they run two sessions. The Lagos Business School fee is subject to review without notice and can be paid in six installments. The fees cover tuition and course materials.
The school has the following department in its faculty;
- Analysis of Business Problems
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Governance
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Social and Political Economy of Business
Unizik Business School
Unizik Business School (UBS), Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State is an organized educational arm for management, business and leadership training instituted to impart relevant knowledge and skills that will create new industrialists, astute business persons, discerning corporate and institutional leaders, high level professionals and entrepreneurs that are driven by integrity and the highest ethical standards in their vocations.
UBS offers the following Postgraduate Degrees/Certificate Programmes
- Masters in Business Administration (Executive MBA)
- Masters in Public Administration (Executive MPA)
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA in Engineering Management
- Sc. Applied Economics
- Sc. Management
- Sc. Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Leadership and Public Policy (PGDLPP)
- Executive Certificate Programmes (International Management Programme, Chief Executive Programme, Business Owners Programme, Senior Management Programme, Agric. Business Programme).
An applicant into any of the above-stated programmes should possess any of the following:
- Bachelors Degree from an approved University with a minimum of Second Class Honors (Lower Division). For M.Sc., a minimum of 3.0 on a five-point scale will be required.
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Management Sciences and allied disciplines could also be considered for MBA/M.SC. Programmes.
- All candidates for admission must have a minimum of 3 years managerial/supervisory level work experience in Public or Private Sector and/or two years of self-employment experience.
All Programmes of Unizik Business School are offered on Saturdays and Sundays to suit the convenience of busy executives. The duration for the different programmes shall be a minimum of 24 months. To apply, visit the Unizik Business School Portal.
Kaduna Business School
Kaduna Business School (KBS) was established in the year 2000 with a mandate to develop people and strengthen institutions by offering high-quality management programmes, consulting services, organizational restructuring and short-term academic programmes to both public and private sector organizations.
Over the years KBS has run several entrepreneurship programmes for SME owners as well as some training, re-structuring and re-alignment programmes for several government institutions. Kaduna business school is committed to partnering with individuals and organizations in the realization of professional and personal goals and the attainment of full potential.
It strongly believes that Nigerians and Nigerian institutions have the potential to develop into world-class organizations which will serve as international benchmarks for good performance
Kaduna Business School is Nigeria’s first-class business that standardise business practices, create new pathways for innovative thinking and provide professionals with the concepts and tools to drive innovations that transform their organizations.
They improve professionalism, good governance, leadership wisdom and managerial acumen to all sectors of the Nigerian economy. The KBS is accredited by the Federal Ministry of Education under the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and is listed in the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) brochure.
The school’s faculty is made up of dedicated individuals many of whom are internationally renowned in their fields. Its programs have been uniquely designed to focus on character building, personality development, and critical thinking, apart from a rigorous academic and research curriculum. Students will learn and advance knowledge in all their chosen areas of study. KBS is located in the heart of Kaduna city in a serene environment quite conducive for learning and imbibing into its delegates/student the concept of going green. To learn more, visit their portal here
GPE Business School
GPE Business School is a premier Christian education, socio-economic and leadership center that empowers individuals and organizations and the government to achieve personal, business and leadership goals through training, consulting, and coaching.
GPE Business School is devoted to research, practice and excellence in teaching and learning. Their programs are designed to bring about an educational experience that will empower our students in understanding global business while thinking locally. GPE Business School faculty are engaged with teaching and research that will bring about a twenty first century touch to learning. They explore the common challenges and universal concerns facing all types of business owners today, and present a rich set of business development solutions that will not only help you see your business from a fresh perspective, but will enable you to achieve sustainable success in your business and your life. Their primary focus is to provide a structure for individuals and organisations to achieve Growth, Performance and Excellence.
GPE Business School is a state of the art socio-economic and leadership center that will train new leaders using biblical principles and empower them to pioneer socio-economic transformation across Africa. Here’s a link to their portal here
The Ilorin Business School
The Ilorin Business School was established in October 2012 with the aim of generating revenue for the University and awarding professional Certificate to deserving Students. Ilorin Business School was established by the University Management from former Faculty of Business and Social Sciences. It has been expanded to order professional programmes for instance master in information Technology (MIT) from the Department of computer science in the faculty of Communication and Information Sciences.
Authorities of the Ilorin Business School (IBS), University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into their various Professional Postgraduate programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA Executive).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA Regular).
- Master of Geographic Information Systems (MGIS).
- Master in Industrial and Labour Relations. (MILR)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA).
- Master of Health Planning and Management (MHPM).
- Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management (PGDSM).
- Master in Information Technology (MIT).
The West Africa Business School
Located at 2nd Floor Suite B201 Trinity Mall, #81 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos. In a nutshell, WABS offers corporate training short courses specialising in industries such as:
Financial Services, Energy (Oil & Gas, Power, Water), Telecoms, Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Hospitality & Healthcare, Government Ministries, Departments, Agencies and much more.
WABS business model is structured into four unique platforms or main divisions of operation as follow:
- WABS Centre for Corporate Learning and Development (CCLD)
- WABS Centres of Excellence (CE)
- WABS Research Information and Consultancy Service (RICS)
- WABS Executive Education Programmes (EEP).
Top Business Schools
From our findings, these are the top best business schools in Nigeria amongst the ones listed above
- Lagos Business School
- West Africa Business School
More can be found here